MALLORCA hoteliers are preparing to ‘name and shame’ tourists who are ejected from their establishments.
In an unprecedented move, blacklists of badly behaved holidaymakers are being compiled and shared by hotels.
The lists show the culprits’ full name, passport number and other relevant documentation and the reason they were thrown out of the hotel.
One list already circulating, the olive press understands, names nine Dutch clients expelled for damaging rooms and throwing a bed from the balcony.
Another circular names two Germans who threw furniture from their hotel window.
Six other tourists were given their marching orders for ‘destroying their rooms’, with another group hurling ‘a chair from the sixth floor onto a plaza’.
It comes after yet another summer where badly-behaved Mallorca tourists have made headlines across Europe.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00