RYANAIR has overtaken Air Berlin as Mallorca’s most popular airline.
The low-budget Irish airline carried 1.79 million passengers to or from Son Sant Joan airport in the first half of the year.
German carrier Air Berlin lost 485,000 passengers during the first six months of 2017, a 22% fall in business.
During the same period, Ryanair gained 128,000 travellers with Vueling seeing a 132,000 increase.
Norwegian saw one of the biggest leaps in the number of air travellers, with 454,000 more choosing to fly with them.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00