A BRITISH expat couple have claimed the top two spots on TripAdvisor in Vejer de la Frontera.
James Stuart and his partner Ellie’s respective restaurants, El Jardín del Califa and Corredera 55, are ranked the number one and two best places to eat in the increasingly popular Cadiz hotspot.
James told the Olive Press: “It’s great to be voted as the best by customers, because of course, that’s who’s opinion matters most.”
And the pair insist there’s no competition between them.
“We are a collaborative couple,” explains James, who owns the principal share in both eateries, “We both make sure we look after our staff and manage strong teams, which is essential for the restaurant business.”
Ellie added: “Tripadvisor is now more important for sales than Michelin”.
Ellie used to own a Michelin star restaurant in her native Scotland and the Jardin del Califa has been in the Michelin Red Guide for the last 10 years.
“The customer is king these days so we are very happy to have got the balance right in both restaurants”.
The Califa offers an eastern Mediterranean-Moroccan fusion, while nearby Corredera 55 treats diners to traditional Spanish dishes with a modern European twist.
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31