NEW Marbella mayor Angeles Muñoz has increased the salaries of 15 councillors from the Partido Popular-Opcion Sampedreña coalition by 19.23%.
Nine of the councillors, including OSP leaders Rafael Piña and Manuel Osorio, have seen their salaries rise to €62,000.
It is a staggering increase of €10,000 in a matter of days.
It comes after Piña and Osorio’s alliance with the PP sparked the vote of no confidence in previous PSOE mayor Jose Bernal, and the subsequent return of Muñoz.
During an extraordinary session at the Town Hall on Friday, mayor Muñoz passed decrees on the new organisation, including the further decentralisation of San Pedro Alcántara, as well as various other appointments.
The new councilors of the opposition will also benefit from the increase in salary, rising from €32,000 to €37,000, while mayor Muñoz will continue to draw her salary as a senator (more than €90,000 euros).
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52