WE all like to treat ourselves to a pizza sometimes – even royalty.
But when ex-Queen Sofia popped into a Mallorca restaurant for a cheeky margarita this month, her husband Juan Carlos was dining on a top-of-the-range menu in glitzy San Sebastian.
Sofia visited Inca’s Vino e Cucina with her sister Irene, stopping to have her photo taken with restaurant workers.
The former queen has eaten at the restaurant, which is famous for its pizzas, half a dozen times.
The average price per head to dine at Vino e Cucina is €15 – hardly a king’s ransom.
King Felipe’s mum later took a walk around Inca’s market, which sells fruit and vegetables as well as clothes, furniture and locally-made calzado shoes.
She has spent the summer in Mallorca along with members of her family, with King Felipe taking part in the Copa del Rey.
Meanwhile, former King Juan Carlos was tickling his taste buds at Basque restaurant Rekondo along with his daughter, Infanta Elena, his two grandsons and the owners of the local bullring.
Rekondo is prized for its hake, baby squid in salsa verde and plump steaks.
The former head of state did not accompany the family to Mallorca this year.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00