SPANISH and Moroccan authorities have broken up an alleged extremist cell in Morocco.
The six-member group, all of which were arrested, was actively training and planning to conduct violent attacks.
The details of their plots have not been released.
Five of the arrested are Moroccan and one is a Spaniard of Moroccan origin, according to Spain’s Interior Ministry.
The alleged leader of the cell, a 39 year-old Moroccan, lived in Melilla, Spain’s territory bordering Morocco, but was arrested while visiting the neighbouring country.
He is believed to have recruited youngsters at a reeducation center where he worked and used Islamic State group propaganda to train them.
Violent attacks in August claimed by ISIS killed 16 people in and near Barcelona.
Since mid-2015, Spain has arrested 199 people accused of links to extremism.
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33