A NEW photographic exhibition is throwing light on one of Mallorca’s most revered artists.
The cultural centre at La Misericordia will host 60 images by three photographers examining the work of Miguel Barcelo, who comes from Felanitx.
The exhibition will focus on Barcelo’s work which has been displayed for a decade in the Cathedral of Mallorca.
“[This is] a contemporary work inserted in the framework of a 14th century chapel, an experience that is hardly ever found in any European cathedral,” said Francesc Miralles, Mallorca’s culture minister.
The exhibition runs until September 30.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00