UB40’s Brian Travers is set to host an exclusive exhibition of his own art work in Marbella next week.
The musical legend will be presenting his best works at the Siroko Beach on September 26 in association with The Finance Bureau and Wow Organic.
Cava and canapes will be served while guests will have the chance to meet the man himself.
The prolific songwriter’s pieces add a DC Comics-themed, pop-art spin to influences from Jackson Pollock to Vincent van Gogh.
Travers, 58, previously said of his work: “I’ve been touring for so long I just haven’t had the time to paint.
“Dave then asked me to do an exhibition so I sat down to work in a little Cotteridge studio.
“I’ve been living with these works for nine months in between gigs – and it’s great to finally see them on the wall.
“I hope people like them.”
UB40, behind hits including Red Red Wine and Kingston Town, have sold 120 million records since they made their live debut at Kings Heath’s Hare & Hounds pub in 1979.
The event begins at 6.30pm next Tuesday.
Those interested should RSVP at [email protected]
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05
- Most Attractive Industries to Invest in Gibraltar - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:01
- Ceramics are the hot new design trend styling up interiors this year - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 10:22
- Architect of Spain’s largest indoor sports arena scoops this year’s prestigious Pritzker Prize - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 18:04
- The Brits have not stopped investing in Spanish property with a 12% rise in purchases last year - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 17:43
- World’s greatest F1 champ spotted on the island in first sighting since 2013 - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 13:57
- Siestas ‘help treat high blood pressure’ - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 11:48