FOUR individuals, including an elderly woman, have sustained minor injuries after an unknown assailant shot at them with an air gun.
The group were holding a sit-in in the Puig-Agut school in the Catalan town of Manlleu when they were shot at from outside.
The four identified themselves as belonging to the Comitè de Defensa del Referèndum de Manlleu, an organisation committed to protecting the Catalan referendum on Sunday.
The local police in Manlleu are investigating the identity of the shooter.
The group claimed they have not been put off and will continue to occupy the school in the lead up to the vote.
A representative said, “We denounce violence, let’s activate solidarity!”.
Despite increasing tension between the Spanish authorities and the Catalonian people in the build up to Sunday’s referendum campaign had thus far been largely peaceful.
- Activists propose daily tax for Balearic cruise ship passengers - 26 May, 2018 @ 21:02
- Branson embraces Balearic life while Necker Island is rebuilt - 26 May, 2018 @ 18:44
- Chinese film industry eyes up purchase of Spanish locations - 26 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- Podemos leader faces confidence vote after ‘luxury’ home purchase - 26 May, 2018 @ 12:13
- Stunning Kensington pine walk property goes on the market in Pollensa - 25 May, 2018 @ 17:13
- Magaluf hit-and-run Brit is younger sister of expat drug lord - 25 May, 2018 @ 13:13
- Balearic president to meet with airlines to safeguard resident discounts - 25 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- Airport group goes public with concerns over transporting drunk passengers - 24 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- British tourists warned over balcony antics in new safety video - 24 May, 2018 @ 14:37
- British bar managed arrested over the death of Northern Irish tourist in Magaluf - 24 May, 2018 @ 12:33