WITH Phil Collins and Paul McCartney as clients, it is not surprising that Gaston Montauban knows how to serve up a bit of luxury.
The long-term island empresario has organised holidays, rentals, boat hire and a lot more for some of the world’s biggest superstars over the last three decades.
Now, a new business venture is set to capitalise on his experience with precocious pop princesses, bolshy boy bands and flashy football stars.
The Mallorca Deal (www.themallorcadeal.com) offers an all-in-one service for Mallorca’s five star elite – and it’s not just stunning mansions available to buy or rent.
Super yachts, private chefs, chauffeur-driven limousines, even helicopters are all part of the offering, with Gaston tailoring each deal to his clients’ needs.
“We are promoting properties to sell or rent long or short-term for one month to three years, and holiday rentals for licenced villas,” said Gaston, who has catered for a Premiership football chairman and an international pop band in the last month alone.
“We promote the most exclusive restaurants, five-star hotels, luxury lifestyles – five-star living. The villas, many around €10 to €20 million, are all fully catered and fully serviced.”
He added: “We offer whatever they want. If we don’t have it on the website we will find it for you. We give them the full service.”
A self-confessed workaholic, Gaston arrived in Mallorca in 1988, working as a chef then a restaurant owner until moving into the property market in 2002.
As business soared, Mallorca’s jet-set crowd flocked to this modest Dutchman for help, with the likes of Real Madrid stars Steve McManaman, Arjen Robben renting luxury villas from him.
And with the island’s market booming again, Gaston, one of the island’s most well-known agents, is striking out once more.
“The Mallorca Deal is something very fresh,” he continued. “If people want to promote a property on our website it is completely free. For restaurants, the first year is free.”
Gaston is very hands on and prefers to meet his clients in a social environment, conducting business in cafes and meeting points around the island (he spends little time in the actual office).
Both he and his Mallorquin lawyer are fluent in Spanish, German, Dutch and English speakers, and the post-sales attention a client receives is part of their success.
“Closing the sale is the easy part. It’s the after sales service that sets you apart from the competition. Always, properties require general maintenance, we have people who can fix that,” he said.
“My slogan is: ‘Business with Personality.’ That’s how I see it. I like the social side of this job and meeting so many people.”
As the stars continue to come to Gaston – a famous Premier League star just enquired about a property, he tells us – the question has to be asked: What is the secret of your success?
He shrugs, and says: “I’m no better than anybody else. In fact, I collaborate with everyone on the island.
“But I work because I like it. I work every day.”
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 0034 693 516 446
- Ronda guitarist gives fascinating nightly shows explaining the different Spanish instruments - 18 Nov, 2017 @ 12:20
- Ronda is a cobbled gem where visitors are quickly transported back in time, writes Jed Neill - 17 Nov, 2017 @ 13:30
- Former teenage soldier Abdel Djeebet has become something of a trooper in the kitchen - 25 Oct, 2017 @ 08:45
- ‘San Pedro is a key boom area’ writes Casa Marbella boss - 22 Oct, 2017 @ 13:30
- As San Pedro gears up for its feria – the last of the season – Laurence Dollimore discovers a town that can throw a party to match anything big sister Marbella can muster - 20 Oct, 2017 @ 13:45
- Those in the know are swapping Marbella for San Pedro when it comes to dining, writes Jon Clarke - 19 Oct, 2017 @ 14:30
- San Pedro’s evolving commercial centre La Colonia was built by an expat - 18 Oct, 2017 @ 18:30
- Spanish Game of Thrones style castles available to buy - 8 Oct, 2017 @ 09:30
- Saved or scrapped – two different stories for historic Costa del Sol properties - 7 Oct, 2017 @ 12:30
- Prime movers and shakers in Mallorca - 6 Oct, 2017 @ 19:00