PALMA’S Palacio de Congresos is in with a shout of winning one of the world’s most prestigious architecture awards.
The €120 million building, recently unveiled by King Felipe and Queen Letizia, is being entered for the Pritzker Prize, its director Ramón Vidal revealed.
Architect, Patxi Mangado, from Navarra, has also designed Pamplona’s congress hall.
The Grupo Melia runs the Palacio de Congresos and the adjoining hotel.
The building took eight years to complete and was one of the longest running recent construction projects in Mallorca.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00