ROADS across Malaga city have become flooded following heavy rainfall and storms overnight and today.
Málaga con lluvia = caos!! #malaga#lluvia#inundaciones#malagaseinunda# pic.twitter.com/X0EHGSRcgJ
— ??ßL? ? (@pandilerino) October 18, 2017
Videos shared on Twitter show cars driving through deep bodies of water throughout the provincial capital.
Málaga de nuevo cortada por la lluvia pic.twitter.com/XRwGf90kjV
— Coke (@CokeAranda) October 18, 2017
It comes after Malaga province was put on a yellow weather warning for today and tomorrow.
Rainfall has been expected to hit the Costa del Sol, Guadalhorce and the Axarquia the hardest by weather agency AEMET.
The worst will reportedly be over by late Thursday evening.
The weather agency also warned of a drop in temperature across the province.
From Friday to Sunday the temperatures will return in some areas to an enviable 28 degrees.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19