A BRITISH tourist was thrown into the sea after a gang of robbers attacked him in Palma.
The victim and his friend, both aged around 25, were confronted by two men and three women on Paseo Maritimo at around 5am.
The group kicked and punched the pair before hurling the Brit into the water.
Ultima Hora reported that one of the five assailants was trying to steal a victim’s wallet and that some of the group filmed the assault on their phones.
Passers-by helped the victim from the water.
It was reported he was bleeding heavily from a head wound.
Witnesses are now helping police with their investigations although the identity of the attackers is not yet known.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00