MARBELLA is preparing its own stand for London’s World Travel Market this week.
The huge event, from November 6 to 8, will see the Costa del Sol hotspot attempt to ‘recover’ its image.
Mayor and tourism councillor Angeles Munoz said: “Marbella has lost certain image levels and we have to recover that.
“At the World Travel Market we will show what Marbella is really about.”
Town hall spokesman Felix Romero said: “We will have an important presence in London, Marbella needs to be at these big occasions.”
The event is the first major fair for the new local PP government, which reclaimed power from the PSOE back in August of this year.
It comes after Munoz promised to crackdown on ‘loutish’ tourism and ‘save the image’ of the likes of Puerto Banus.
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31