HEALTHCARE, education and jobs will receive the lion’s share of funds from Andalucia’s purse next year in what has been hailed as a ‘strong social budget’.
The Junta has approved a total of €34.7 billion for 2018, 4.5% more than this year.
Some €30 billion will go towards implementing new policy, with the remaining figure going towards paying off debt.
Minister of Finance, María Jesús Montero stressed that the budget was of a ‘strong social character’, with 83% of total funding going towards social expenses.
“The budget seeks to revitalise public services and ensure the creation of employment for the citizens of Andalucia,” Montero said.
Almost a third of the entire budget will go towards health, with €9 billion alone going towards the maintaining of the Andalucian Health Service, the biggest allocation in its history.
The Junta has identified unemployment as a key issue and funding for education and training schemes have also been given a priority.
The education system alone will receive €7.5 billion, of which €1.5 billion will go towards supporting universities.
A further €2.1 billion has been allocated for schemes including vocational training for employment and an innovative industrial employment program.
They are expected to benefit up to 35,000 people.
Funding for public services has also increased by 1.2% with improvements to be made to the Malaga metro and the completion of the new Hospital de La Línea.
The figures will now be forwarded to the Andalucian Parliament for debate and final approval.
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59
- GUILTY: Westley Capper and Craig Porter verdict in but ‘both will AVOID JAIL’ over Agnese Klavina disappearance, Capper to appeal - 17 May, 2019 @ 19:48
- IN PICS: The jobs of the past in Spain made (almost) obsolete by modern life - 17 May, 2019 @ 14:16
- REVEALED: The 5 towns in Malaga set to receive FREE public wifi thanks to EU initiative - 16 May, 2019 @ 14:24
- WATCH: Afilador plies his trade on Costa del Sol as one of the last to practice long-held Spanish tradition - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:40
- FLAG-RANT: Fabian Picardo steps in after American cruise ship infuriates Gibraltar with ‘Welcome to Gibraltor’ message printed on Spanish flag - 16 May, 2019 @ 11:09
- WATCH: Dramatic rescue after two ‘narco boats’ collide off Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 May, 2019 @ 15:29
- Mystery as expat and two Lithuanians found in busted van carrying €1 MILLION CASH en route to Malaga – but NONE of them claim ownership - 15 May, 2019 @ 12:31
- ‘SOMEONE MUST KNOW’: Grandmother of missing British lad who vanished with his father from Spain’s Costa del Sol makes heartfelt appeal - 15 May, 2019 @ 10:45