FRENCH air traffic controllers have announced they will be joining the nationwide general strike in France on November 16.
The strike will begin at 1am on Thursday to protest president Emmanuel Macron’s changes to the country’s labour laws.
Airlines have warned that flights to and from France – and those that travel through French airspace – could be affected.
Travellers are encouraged to check their travel itinerary and the status of their flight before departure.
Macron’s labor code ‘revolution’, which caps dismissal payouts and makes it easier to hire and fire workers, is aimed at kick-starting a sluggish economy and slashing the stubbornly-high unemployment rate of 9.8%.
But unions say France’s biblical labor rulebook, the 3,500-page Code du Travail, has been defended for generations — and they won’t see it trimmed without putting up a fight.
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37