FRENCH air traffic controllers have announced they will be joining the nationwide general strike in France on November 16.
The strike will begin at 1am on Thursday to protest president Emmanuel Macron’s changes to the country’s labour laws.
Airlines have warned that flights to and from France – and those that travel through French airspace – could be affected.
Travellers are encouraged to check their travel itinerary and the status of their flight before departure.
Macron’s labor code ‘revolution’, which caps dismissal payouts and makes it easier to hire and fire workers, is aimed at kick-starting a sluggish economy and slashing the stubbornly-high unemployment rate of 9.8%.
But unions say France’s biblical labor rulebook, the 3,500-page Code du Travail, has been defended for generations — and they won’t see it trimmed without putting up a fight.
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25