FRENCH air traffic controllers have announced they will be joining the nationwide general strike in France on November 16.
The strike will begin at 1am on Thursday to protest president Emmanuel Macron’s changes to the country’s labour laws.
Airlines have warned that flights to and from France – and those that travel through French airspace – could be affected.
Travellers are encouraged to check their travel itinerary and the status of their flight before departure.
Macron’s labor code ‘revolution’, which caps dismissal payouts and makes it easier to hire and fire workers, is aimed at kick-starting a sluggish economy and slashing the stubbornly-high unemployment rate of 9.8%.
But unions say France’s biblical labor rulebook, the 3,500-page Code du Travail, has been defended for generations — and they won’t see it trimmed without putting up a fight.
- Expats rally around British pensioner made homeless on Spain’s Costa del Sol as alleged ‘squatter tenants’ speak out - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 20:32
- British expats and locals FUMING as celebrity chef Dani Garcia’s chiringuito gets go ahead on protected land in southern Spain - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:16
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09