DISGRACED former Marbella town planner Juan Antonio Roca is to lose the crown jewel of his property portfolio.
The courts have declared the convicted fraudster’s La Loma property, in Los Alcazares, will go up for auction for €18.5 million, despite being valued at €27.5 million.
The sprawling property sits on 82 hectares – the size of 82 football pitches – and is surrounded by orange, lemon and mandarin farms.
The mansion is 1,200 square metres and comes complete with 10 bedrooms, nine bathrooms, three kitchens, an office, gym, cinema room, pool and the ever-essential helipad.
When police raided the finca as part of the notorious Malaya Case, they found bathroom walls adorned with Joan Miro paintings and the house dotted with pricey antiques and hunting trophies.
Many of those assets, in addition to luxury cars and watches, weapons, carriages, purebred horses, commercial premises and ship berths, have already been sold to the highest bidder online to pay for Roca’s civil and criminal liabilities.
The total value of all these assets amounts to an estimated €75 million.
The detached house, located in the urbanization Playa D’Or, in the municipality of Santanyí, has 482 square meters and comes complete with seven bedrooms, nine bathrooms, two outdoor 30m2 pools and glorious sea views.
Roca has been languishing in jail for more than 10 years.
He was convicted of being the ringleader of the Malaya Plot, which saw 53 officials across dozens of Andalucian municipalities tried for embezzlement of public funds, breaches of trust, influence peddling and more.
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33