THE Spanish royal family have wished their loved ones Feliz Navidad with their annual Christmas card.
King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia stand beside their daughters Princess Leonor, 12 and Sofía, 10, in the latest family portrait, which was shot at the Royal Palace of Madrid on National Day (October 12).
The family stand gathered on the balcony overlooking the Plaza de la Armería, dressed in festive shades of red.
The note inside reads ‘Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2018,’ with each of the royals adding their signatures.
The much-anticipated card follows a different format each year and in Christmas 2015 the royal couple did not appear on the card at all, instead letting their daughters take the limelight.
The previous year, the card featured two photographs captured in June 2014, shortly after Felipe took the throne from his father Juan Carlos. The images showed both the new King and Queen alone, with their daughters in the second shot.
- British RAF pilot brings new – and MUCH cheaper – property listing concept to Spain - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 17:21
- Spain’s Supreme Court bans historic bull hunting and spearing tradition in Castilla y Leon - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 11:00
- Malaga’s ‘Banksy’ attracts world attention replicating masterpieces on the streets of Spain and Europe - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00
- M1 Legal is stacking up the victories against Spain’s Timeshare giants - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 11:13
- How to Improve Academic Writing Skills for UK University Admission - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 09:37
- Giant electricity pylons rampaging across the valley vista in Sierra Nevada - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 18:57
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05