MALAGA bakers have created goat cheese, wine and pecan-flavoured turrons just in time for the Christmas season.
Damian Ramos and Seabstian Guerrero from the Ramos cake shop are serving locally inspired desserts based on Malaga goats’ cheese, Pedro Ximenez wine from the bodega Cortijo le Fuente de Mollina and organic pecan nut from the Guadalhorce river in Coin.
It comes after the Velez-Malaga-based pair became famous for creating mango and avocado flavoured turrons last year.
“We’ve been thinking of making turron with cheese for a while and now we’ve done it,” said Ramos, “It’s taken us a year, since we launched the avocado turron in 2016.”
The baking duo have a stand at Malaga’s Christmas market on the paseo del parque this year and will also sell the treats in their Caleta shop.
Turrons are a nougat-like confection, typically made of honey, sugar, and egg white, with toasted almonds or other nuts, and usually shaped into either a rectangular tablet or a round cake.
Dating back to at least the 1400s but more likely the Romans, it is a traditional Christmas dessert in Spain as well as countries formerly under the Spanish Empire, particularly in Latin America.
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31