MALAGA bakers have created goat cheese, wine and pecan-flavoured turrons just in time for the Christmas season.
Damian Ramos and Seabstian Guerrero from the Ramos cake shop are serving locally inspired desserts based on Malaga goats’ cheese, Pedro Ximenez wine from the bodega Cortijo le Fuente de Mollina and organic pecan nut from the Guadalhorce river in Coin.
It comes after the Velez-Malaga-based pair became famous for creating mango and avocado flavoured turrons last year.
“We’ve been thinking of making turron with cheese for a while and now we’ve done it,” said Ramos, “It’s taken us a year, since we launched the avocado turron in 2016.”
The baking duo have a stand at Malaga’s Christmas market on the paseo del parque this year and will also sell the treats in their Caleta shop.
Turrons are a nougat-like confection, typically made of honey, sugar, and egg white, with toasted almonds or other nuts, and usually shaped into either a rectangular tablet or a round cake.
Dating back to at least the 1400s but more likely the Romans, it is a traditional Christmas dessert in Spain as well as countries formerly under the Spanish Empire, particularly in Latin America.
- British man dies after falling off pedalo in Spain despite green flags indicating sea was safe - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:33
- UNEARTHED: First Roman olive oil press EVER on Spain’s Costa del Sol as huge archaeology park planned - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:17
- British sex pest arrested in Marbella for harassing young woman with barrage of sexually explicit messages - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:54
- Boy, 8, dies in Spain after choking on hot dog during San Juan celebrations - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:30
- WATCH: Expat gives hilarious guide for boozy Brits heading to Marbella (WARNING: Not for the easily offended) - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:02
- SHAMEFUL: ‘Racist’ effigy mocking migrants shocks expats and locals ahead of San Juan celebrations on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 10:42
- OPINION: The Junta de Andalucia’s budgets which benefit residents are a welcome sight after decades of corruption - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 11:44
- Report warns 20% of Spain’s olive farms could disappear within a decade - 22 Jun, 2019 @ 15:05
- OPINION: Locking British man Robert Mansfield-Hewitt up with terrorists in Spain is disgusting - 22 Jun, 2019 @ 11:15
- EXCLUSIVE: Briton facing €8 MILLION fine after being locked up with terrorists for almost a year without charge near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Jun, 2019 @ 09:26