ALMOST 20,000 bottles of fake French champagne have been seized by the Policía Nacional.
The impounded plonk is the result of several operations into the eradication and sale of counterfeit goods in Andalucia.
The criminal organisation running the scam is accused of attempting to sell the fake champagne in A Coruña, Malaga and Ourense.
One individual has been arrested in A Coruña on suspicion of running up the group.
A further 8,000 ‘harmful’ and ‘unhealthy’ toys were also seized in a factory in Jaén in another operation.
- Activists propose daily tax for Balearic cruise ship passengers - 26 May, 2018 @ 21:02
- Branson embraces Balearic life while Necker Island is rebuilt - 26 May, 2018 @ 18:44
- Chinese film industry eyes up purchase of Spanish locations - 26 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- Podemos leader faces confidence vote after ‘luxury’ home purchase - 26 May, 2018 @ 12:13
- Stunning Kensington pine walk property goes on the market in Pollensa - 25 May, 2018 @ 17:13
- Magaluf hit-and-run Brit is younger sister of expat drug lord - 25 May, 2018 @ 13:13
- Balearic president to meet with airlines to safeguard resident discounts - 25 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- Airport group goes public with concerns over transporting drunk passengers - 24 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- British tourists warned over balcony antics in new safety video - 24 May, 2018 @ 14:37
- British bar managed arrested over the death of Northern Irish tourist in Magaluf - 24 May, 2018 @ 12:33