A NOTORIOUS drug dealer is set to face justice after a joint British and Spanish police operation snatched him after ten years in hiding.
Michael John Walsh, 75 was arrested in Malaga having fled the United Kingdom back in 2007.
Walsh had been convicted of cultivating and supplying cannabis in Scarborough.
“As this case shows, some criminals think that because they can’t see us, we can’t see them,” said Paul Somerville, North Yorkshire Police Intelligence Management Officer.
“But in this day and age, very few offenders are genuinely untraceable – everyone leaves footprints.
“But by working closely with British and Spanish authorities, we’ve been able to arrest a convicted drug dealer who’s gone to great lengths to evade justice.”
Walsh had been convicted on drugs offences in 2005 and was then jailed for five years and nine months.
He was released from prison in December 2007 but was recalled shortly after for breaking the terms of his parole.
Instead of handing himself in, he fled to Spain where authorities have been trying to track him down since.
- Activists propose daily tax for Balearic cruise ship passengers - 26 May, 2018 @ 21:02
- Branson embraces Balearic life while Necker Island is rebuilt - 26 May, 2018 @ 18:44
- Chinese film industry eyes up purchase of Spanish locations - 26 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- Podemos leader faces confidence vote after ‘luxury’ home purchase - 26 May, 2018 @ 12:13
- Stunning Kensington pine walk property goes on the market in Pollensa - 25 May, 2018 @ 17:13
- Magaluf hit-and-run Brit is younger sister of expat drug lord - 25 May, 2018 @ 13:13
- Balearic president to meet with airlines to safeguard resident discounts - 25 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- Airport group goes public with concerns over transporting drunk passengers - 24 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- British tourists warned over balcony antics in new safety video - 24 May, 2018 @ 14:37
- British bar managed arrested over the death of Northern Irish tourist in Magaluf - 24 May, 2018 @ 12:33