IT’S been an open secret for most of the year.
Now, Madonna has finally splashed out on a home in Portugal.
The American superstar has snapped up a permanent residence in Lisbon, fit only for the Queen of Pop.
According to Portuguese media the songstress has put a deposit down on an 18th Century 15-bedroom mansion in the city’s historic centre.
Madonna has been a regular visitor to Portugal since her adopted son David joined Lisbon football team Benfica’s youth academy.
The singer confirmed her move on American TV show Live with Kelly and Ryan last week.
“2017 was soccer mom in Portugal,” she told the audience, before adding: “In 2018 I’m coming back, baby, and I’m coming for you!”
- Activists propose daily tax for Balearic cruise ship passengers - 26 May, 2018 @ 21:02
- Branson embraces Balearic life while Necker Island is rebuilt - 26 May, 2018 @ 18:44
- Chinese film industry eyes up purchase of Spanish locations - 26 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- Podemos leader faces confidence vote after ‘luxury’ home purchase - 26 May, 2018 @ 12:13
- Stunning Kensington pine walk property goes on the market in Pollensa - 25 May, 2018 @ 17:13
- Magaluf hit-and-run Brit is younger sister of expat drug lord - 25 May, 2018 @ 13:13
- Balearic president to meet with airlines to safeguard resident discounts - 25 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- Airport group goes public with concerns over transporting drunk passengers - 24 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- British tourists warned over balcony antics in new safety video - 24 May, 2018 @ 14:37
- British bar managed arrested over the death of Northern Irish tourist in Magaluf - 24 May, 2018 @ 12:33