THE city of Malaga is celebrating a bumper Christmas as residents won €128 million in the annual El Gordo lottery.
Thirty-two of the top prize tickets for number 71.198 were sold from the same unknown lucky lottery shop in Malaga.
It is not known yet whether any of the winners were British expats.
El Gordo is ranked as the world’s richest lottery, with €2.38 billion on offer.
While El Gordo doesn’t offer the largest single prize to be won, it is ranked as the richest for total prize money on offer.
- Activists propose daily tax for Balearic cruise ship passengers - 26 May, 2018 @ 21:02
- Branson embraces Balearic life while Necker Island is rebuilt - 26 May, 2018 @ 18:44
- Chinese film industry eyes up purchase of Spanish locations - 26 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- Podemos leader faces confidence vote after ‘luxury’ home purchase - 26 May, 2018 @ 12:13
- Stunning Kensington pine walk property goes on the market in Pollensa - 25 May, 2018 @ 17:13
- Magaluf hit-and-run Brit is younger sister of expat drug lord - 25 May, 2018 @ 13:13
- Balearic president to meet with airlines to safeguard resident discounts - 25 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- Airport group goes public with concerns over transporting drunk passengers - 24 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- British tourists warned over balcony antics in new safety video - 24 May, 2018 @ 14:37
- British bar managed arrested over the death of Northern Irish tourist in Magaluf - 24 May, 2018 @ 12:33