THE family of missing expat Amy Fitzpatrick have pleaded for those with information to come forward.
The desperate plea came yesterday as relatives released doves outside Mansion House in Dublin to mark the tenth year of her disappearance.
Amy’s aunt Christine said those who know what happened need to come forward saying: “Somebody needs to know something.”
Amy was 15-years-old when she went missing as she walked home from a friend’s house in Mijas on the evening of New Year’s Day 2008.
The teenager, from Dublin, had been living in Spain with her mother Audrey Mahon, Audrey’s partner Dave Mahon, and her brother Dean.
Dean was stabbed to death in May 2013.
Dean’s stepfather, Dave Mahon, is currently serving a seven-year prison sentence for his manslaughter.
Speaking at the ceremony at Mansion House, Christine said her brother Christopher, dad to Amy and Dean, was too unwell to attend.
Christopher told the Sunday World: “Christmas and New Year’s will never be the same again after this killer’s damage to my children.
“I am still devastated over the loss of my two children, Amy and Dean. Things will never be the same again since Dave Mahon came into my children’s lives.”
He appealed: “I would like to ask people, who were there 10 years ago when Amy went missing and may have information they can now share, to contact the police.
“People went back to the UK and different parts of the world afterwards, and they should come forward.
“We just want to find Amy. We know where Dean is, but to bring Amy home would be great.”
- Brazilian soldier from convoy of President Bolsonaro arrested for smuggling cocaine into Spain’s Sevilla after controversial leader vowed to crack down on drugs - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 12:41
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27