THE family of missing expat Amy Fitzpatrick have pleaded for those with information to come forward.
The desperate plea came yesterday as relatives released doves outside Mansion House in Dublin to mark the tenth year of her disappearance.
Amy’s aunt Christine said those who know what happened need to come forward saying: “Somebody needs to know something.”
Amy was 15-years-old when she went missing as she walked home from a friend’s house in Mijas on the evening of New Year’s Day 2008.
The teenager, from Dublin, had been living in Spain with her mother Audrey Mahon, Audrey’s partner Dave Mahon, and her brother Dean.
Dean was stabbed to death in May 2013.
Dean’s stepfather, Dave Mahon, is currently serving a seven-year prison sentence for his manslaughter.
Speaking at the ceremony at Mansion House, Christine said her brother Christopher, dad to Amy and Dean, was too unwell to attend.
Christopher told the Sunday World: “Christmas and New Year’s will never be the same again after this killer’s damage to my children.
“I am still devastated over the loss of my two children, Amy and Dean. Things will never be the same again since Dave Mahon came into my children’s lives.”
He appealed: “I would like to ask people, who were there 10 years ago when Amy went missing and may have information they can now share, to contact the police.
“People went back to the UK and different parts of the world afterwards, and they should come forward.
“We just want to find Amy. We know where Dean is, but to bring Amy home would be great.”
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20