THE family of missing expat Amy Fitzpatrick have pleaded for those with information to come forward.
The desperate plea came yesterday as relatives released doves outside Mansion House in Dublin to mark the tenth year of her disappearance.
Amy’s aunt Christine said those who know what happened need to come forward saying: “Somebody needs to know something.”
Amy was 15-years-old when she went missing as she walked home from a friend’s house in Mijas on the evening of New Year’s Day 2008.
The teenager, from Dublin, had been living in Spain with her mother Audrey Mahon, Audrey’s partner Dave Mahon, and her brother Dean.
Dean was stabbed to death in May 2013.
Dean’s stepfather, Dave Mahon, is currently serving a seven-year prison sentence for his manslaughter.
Speaking at the ceremony at Mansion House, Christine said her brother Christopher, dad to Amy and Dean, was too unwell to attend.
Christopher told the Sunday World: “Christmas and New Year’s will never be the same again after this killer’s damage to my children.
“I am still devastated over the loss of my two children, Amy and Dean. Things will never be the same again since Dave Mahon came into my children’s lives.”
He appealed: “I would like to ask people, who were there 10 years ago when Amy went missing and may have information they can now share, to contact the police.
“People went back to the UK and different parts of the world afterwards, and they should come forward.
“We just want to find Amy. We know where Dean is, but to bring Amy home would be great.”
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22