SPAIN has one of the highest amount of national and regional holidays in Europe.
So you’re not caught by surprise we have compiled this year’s list so you’re not left without food or supplies because shops may decide to close for three days.
In the calendar, green dots represent national holidays, meaning shops and services across the whole of Spain will be heavily affected.
The yellow dots represent regional holidays, such as Andalucia Day on February 28, meaning only shops and services in those regions will be affected.
See all regional holidays below:
February 28: Día de Andalucía.
March 1: Día de las Islas Baleares.
April 23: Día de Aragón.
April 23: Día de Castilla y León.
May 2: Día de la Comunidad de Madrid.
May 30: Día de Canarias.
May 31: Día de Castilla-La Mancha.
June 9: Día de la Región de Murcia.
June 9: Día de la Rioja.
July 25: Día Nacional de Galicia.
July 28: Día de Cantabria.
September 8: Día de Asturias.
June 9: Día de Extremadura.
September 11: Fiesta Nacional de Cataluña.
October 9: Día de la Comunidad Valenciana.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29