SPAIN has one of the highest amount of national and regional holidays in Europe.
So you’re not caught by surprise we have compiled this year’s list so you’re not left without food or supplies because shops may decide to close for three days.
In the calendar, green dots represent national holidays, meaning shops and services across the whole of Spain will be heavily affected.
The yellow dots represent regional holidays, such as Andalucia Day on February 28, meaning only shops and services in those regions will be affected.
See all regional holidays below:
February 28: Día de Andalucía.
March 1: Día de las Islas Baleares.
April 23: Día de Aragón.
April 23: Día de Castilla y León.
May 2: Día de la Comunidad de Madrid.
May 30: Día de Canarias.
May 31: Día de Castilla-La Mancha.
June 9: Día de la Región de Murcia.
June 9: Día de la Rioja.
July 25: Día Nacional de Galicia.
July 28: Día de Cantabria.
September 8: Día de Asturias.
June 9: Día de Extremadura.
September 11: Fiesta Nacional de Cataluña.
October 9: Día de la Comunidad Valenciana.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22