THOUSANDS of euros have been raised to fly the body of a British woman home after she plunged to her death on the Costa del Sol.
Loran Atkinson, from Blackburn, was partying at a hotel in Fuengirola on December 23 when she fell over her balcony to her death.
The 29-year-old was staying at an adults only four star hotel.
A Foreign Office spokesman confirmed: “We are aware of the death of a British woman in Spain and we are providing assistance to her family.”
A GoFundMe page has raised more than €5,000 to have the body flown back to the UK, more than €1,000 over the page’s target.
Friends called Loran ‘a lovely, beautiful girl’ who would ‘do anything for anyone’.
Schoolfriend Heidi Grunshaw said: “Loran was a lovely, beautiful girl who I’ve known for many years. My fondest memories are right back in primary school, singing Take That and Boyzone in the playground.”
Another friend, Gemma Louise Holden, added: “She was a very lovely, loyal and beautiful person that would do anything for anyone.
“My heart aches for all her family and friends.”
And Jordan Simone Wilson posted online: “You were just my kind of crazy. There will never be another you.”
The online appeal urged: “Anything you could donate would be gratefully and graciously received to return Loran home to rest in peace among the love of her family and friends.”
Sister Cecily wrote on Facebook: “Please help bring our beautiful girl home where she belongs, to be at peace with all those that love and care for her.”
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06