A SHEPHERD has been accused of being an ‘enivronmental terrorist’ following the deaths of 15 griffon vultures in Andalucia.
It comes after the birds were poisoned in the Sierra de Zafarraya mountains in Granada.
An investigation was launched after a Forest Guard officer stumbled upon the birds of prey acting disorientated.
They appeared to be struggling to stand and were unable to fly, before dropping dead.
Post-mortem tests revaled they had been poisoned with a highly toxic pesticide.
Authorities believe they may have been fed the poison via pieces of mutton.
The shepherd is believed to be the prime suspect in the case.
Environment boss Jose Fiscal said whoever is responsible is an ‘environmental terrorist’.
The motive for the killings in unclear given that the birds are not a threat to livestock.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29