A SHEPHERD has been accused of being an ‘enivronmental terrorist’ following the deaths of 15 griffon vultures in Andalucia.
It comes after the birds were poisoned in the Sierra de Zafarraya mountains in Granada.
An investigation was launched after a Forest Guard officer stumbled upon the birds of prey acting disorientated.
They appeared to be struggling to stand and were unable to fly, before dropping dead.
Post-mortem tests revaled they had been poisoned with a highly toxic pesticide.
Authorities believe they may have been fed the poison via pieces of mutton.
The shepherd is believed to be the prime suspect in the case.
Environment boss Jose Fiscal said whoever is responsible is an ‘environmental terrorist’.
The motive for the killings in unclear given that the birds are not a threat to livestock.
- HAMMING IT UP: Andalucia’s award-winning jamon stars at Oscars after-party - 23 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- Woody Allen to film new project across Spain after securing financing from Spanish company despite sexual abuse allegations which saw him dumped by Amazon - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 11:28
- WATCH: Two elderly women caught on camera stealing outdoor furniture from British expat’s bar in Mallorca as police drive by - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 17:46
- FREAK FEBRUARY: ‘Anti-cyclone’ scorcher to see temperatures soar to 28C in Spain’s Andalucia this weekend - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 11:06
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33