IN ANOTHER twist to the Brexit saga, Nigel Farage is now calling for a second referendum.
The former UKIP leader announced on Thursday that he would back another vote on the UK’s EU membership.
Prominent remainers have been quick to comment with Nick Clegg, former deputy prime minister and Lib Dem leader tweeting: “I agree with Nigel.”
Speaking about the subject on Channel 5’s The Wright Stuff, Farage argued that he had ‘changed his mind’ as he believed it would lead to a more decisive victory for the leave campaign and ‘kill it off for a generation’.
In another interview with British Press Farage said: “So, I’m out of denial. I was in denial. I was saying: ‘We’ve won, it’s all over.’ I have now got myself mentally ready for the possibility – as happened in Denmark and Ireland and other countries – that they’ll make us vote again and we must be prepared.”
Theresa May has insisted that she will not allow another referendum, however Coral and Betfair have now slashed odds of another poll being held by the end of 2019 to 5-1.
- LOCA FOR LOCAL: Fantastic wines can be found in Malaga and Andalucia - 27 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- King of Reggaeton J Balvin coming to Spain’s Costa del Sol - 19 May, 2018 @ 09:39
- More than 7.5 TONNES of hashish seized after Manilva-Estepona smuggling operation busted - 18 May, 2018 @ 15:40
- Spanish student auctioning her virginity has already been offered €250k - 18 May, 2018 @ 14:42
- COMPETITION ALERT: Win return flights to UK with Jet2 - 17 May, 2018 @ 16:18
- Come fly with me – new routes launched from UK to Spain - 16 May, 2018 @ 16:10
- Six towns on the Costa del Sol set to get a boost from European grants - 16 May, 2018 @ 15:35
- Spanish museum set to show controversial exhibition that was cancelled in New York following protests - 13 May, 2018 @ 15:00
- WINE TIME: Cocktails to enjoy in the sunshine (finally!) - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:14
- New TV series based on Spanish Civil War whips up Twitter storm - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:00