THE Spanish government has condemned Israel’s approval of the construction of 1,100 new Jewish homes across the West Bank.
“The government calls on the Israeli authorities to put an end to the construction of settlements as it contravenes International Law and hinders the viability of the two-state solution for the Israel-Palestine conflict,” said the Spanish Foreign Ministry.
The homes, most of which will be built in the Oranit settlement and some in Jordan Valley come as the US threatened to withhold funds for Palestine.
The Israeli authorities have also reportedly approved plans for “hundreds” of additional settler units in the West Bank settlements of Kfar Adumim and Givat Zeev.
- Doctor called in to help podgy population lose weight in a Spanish town - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 12:30
- Flu pandemic in Spain leads to rising death toll - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 10:30
- Spanish hospitals charging tourists double for care in Barcelona - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 13:37
- Spain gets its first beer spa in Andalucia - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 12:06
- Spain vows to send more police officers to combat ‘narcos state’ in Cadiz - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 10:50
- Spanish singer Marta Sanchez causes controversy with rendition of national anthem - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 15:06
- Spain’s SpaceX satellite launch in California delayed by four days - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 13:43
- Spain’s finance minister fails to impress MEPs for European Central Bank role - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 12:47
- UN set to inspect migrant situation in Spain - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 11:07
- Chasing corruption: Tracking Spain’s nine biggest corruption cases in 2018 - 17 Feb, 2018 @ 11:11