PURCHASING a Jeff Koon sculpture can set you back a fair few million, on a good day.
The 63-year-old artist is famous for having the most expensive piece of art sold at auction from a living artist – a 40-foot balloon dog, which sold for $58.4 million in 2013 in New York.
But if you don’t have the room for such extravagances, then help is on hand.
Vertigo Marbella inside Marbella Club Hotel is the only place in Spain where you can pick up one of these sculptures for a fraction of the price.
Owner of Vertigo showroom, Frenchman Jean Claude is selling miniaturised versions of Koon’s iconic balloon monkey, balloon rabbit, balloon swan and balloon dog collections.
The 60-year-old, who describes himself as a ‘self-confessed art addict’ says he is selling portable 30 centimetre high sculptures, some of which are limited editions.
“Koons has always pushed himself from the beginning and I think his artwork reflects that drive,” Claude told the Olive Press.
Getting your hands on these glossy miniatures will set you back €10,000 to €15,000 depending on the piece.
Claude also has a showroom in Geneva, Switzerland, where he started selling Koons work two years ago but set up another shop in Marbella six months ago.
It was in Switzerland where Claude established a relationship with Bernardaud, the company who have exclusive rights to the construction of the porcelain casts of Koon’s work.
- Doctor called in to help podgy population lose weight in a Spanish town - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 12:30
- Flu pandemic in Spain leads to rising death toll - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 10:30
- Spanish hospitals charging tourists double for care in Barcelona - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 13:37
- Spain gets its first beer spa in Andalucia - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 12:06
- Spain vows to send more police officers to combat ‘narcos state’ in Cadiz - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 10:50
- Spanish singer Marta Sanchez causes controversy with rendition of national anthem - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 15:06
- Spain’s SpaceX satellite launch in California delayed by four days - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 13:43
- Spain’s finance minister fails to impress MEPs for European Central Bank role - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 12:47
- UN set to inspect migrant situation in Spain - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 11:07
- Chasing corruption: Tracking Spain’s nine biggest corruption cases in 2018 - 17 Feb, 2018 @ 11:11