RICHARD Branson’s long planned eco-hotel has come one step nearer to reality.
Banyalbufar mayor Mateu Ferra has publicly backed the scheme, insisting it would bring jobs to the quiet town in the Serra de Tramuntana mountains.
The project, first conceived in the early 2000s, aims to be ‘the best eco resort in Europe’. It would see the historic Son Bunyola estate turned into a luxury environmentally-friendly resort.
Although many locals were behind the original project and the jobs it would have created, after a lengthy battle the town refused the building permits.
The Virgin boss currently has three properties in Mallorca, all of which have been moderately restored while keeping the historic value intact, winning favour among locals.
The Son Bunyola estate was sold after the original project fell through but it was recently re-bought by the billionaire entrepreneur.
The property, encompassing three villas, is vast and contains a third of the town’s open land. The Council of Mallorca will have the final say on the project.
- Sexy gingers who want a trip to Ibiza CLICK HERE - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 16:35
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42