KILLER expat Dave Mahon has been diagnosed with cancer.
The convicted killer has cancer of the throat and neck, sources in Ireland have revealed.
It comes as he continues to serve his seven-year sentence for stabbing his stepson Dean Fitzpatrick to death in Dublin in 2013.
During the trial, Mahon tried to argue Dean had run into his knife during a heated argument in an ‘attempted suicide’.
The murder was just five years after Dean’s sister, Amy Fitzpatrick, vanished from the Costa del Sol.
The 15-year-old was walking to her home on Mijas costa on New Year’s Eve in 2007 when she disappeared.
While many pointed the finger at Mahon, a body was never found and searches have failed to turn up any substantial evidence.
Amy’s biological father launched another appeal during the tenth year anniversary this month.
“I am still devastated over the loss of my two children, Amy and Dean,” he said, “I would like to ask people, who were there 10 years ago when Amy went missing and may have information that can now share, to please contact police.”
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18