A SPIKE in robberies has forced Manacor to step up its police numbers.
It comes after a minor was arrested for breaking in and stealing a cash register from a local bar. He was caught in the act by police and arrested following a chase.
Meanwhile, a local suspected of two burglaries in Villafranca de Bonany and Sant Joan has also been arrested.
The first robbery was at a grocery store where the thug forced an employee to hand over cash. Then the man went to football pitch in Villafranca de Bonany and broke into the bar’s back door, but was surprised to find the owners inside and fled.
Policia Nacional will now increase the number of uniformed officers in the town centre in a bid to deter would-be robbers.
- Sexy gingers who want a trip to Ibiza CLICK HERE - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 16:35
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42