THE cold snap affecting most of Spain shows no signs of abating with 31 provinces still on alert for low temperatures.
Weather agency AEMET has warned thermometers could drop to -10C in Huesca, Avila, Zamora, Girona and Lleida.
Highs and lows across the whole country are forecast to be lower than average for February.
It comes after the lowest temperature so far was recorded today in Cap de Vaquèira, in the Catalan province of Lleida, where thermometers plummetted -15.2ºC.
AEMET said Friday could be the coldest day of the winter, a feeling that will be compounded by the wind-chill factor.
The lows across the country have been 3-6C lower than what is considered normal for this time of year, especially in the south.
Snow will continue in the Basque Country, Navarre, Cantabria, Burgos and La Rioja.
Barcelona could also see snow today.
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20
- Endangered rhino, lion, hippo and tigers part of more than 200 species found at illegal taxidermist in Spain - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 11:26