THE cold snap affecting most of Spain shows no signs of abating with 31 provinces still on alert for low temperatures.
Weather agency AEMET has warned thermometers could drop to -10C in Huesca, Avila, Zamora, Girona and Lleida.
Highs and lows across the whole country are forecast to be lower than average for February.
It comes after the lowest temperature so far was recorded today in Cap de Vaquèira, in the Catalan province of Lleida, where thermometers plummetted -15.2ºC.
AEMET said Friday could be the coldest day of the winter, a feeling that will be compounded by the wind-chill factor.
The lows across the country have been 3-6C lower than what is considered normal for this time of year, especially in the south.
Snow will continue in the Basque Country, Navarre, Cantabria, Burgos and La Rioja.
Barcelona could also see snow today.
- ‘Paedo’ football coach facing 100 YEARS behind bars for allegedly abusing 25 children in British expat hotspot near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 16:12
- WATCH: Russian-backed ‘Mansions of Banus’ development part of €200 million portfolio penned for Marbella and Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 15:20
- British man dies after falling off pedalo in Spain despite green flags indicating sea was safe - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:33
- UNEARTHED: First Roman olive oil press EVER on Spain’s Costa del Sol as huge archaeology park planned - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:17
- British sex pest arrested in Marbella for harassing young woman with barrage of sexually explicit messages - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:54
- Boy, 8, dies in Spain after choking on hot dog during San Juan celebrations - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:30
- WATCH: Expat gives hilarious guide for boozy Brits heading to Marbella (WARNING: Not for the easily offended) - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:02
- SHAMEFUL: ‘Racist’ effigy mocking migrants shocks expats and locals ahead of San Juan celebrations on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 10:42
- OPINION: The Junta de Andalucia’s budgets which benefit residents are a welcome sight after decades of corruption - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 11:44
- Report warns 20% of Spain’s olive farms could disappear within a decade - 22 Jun, 2019 @ 15:05