A 24-YEAR-OLD man from has been fined for photoshopping his face onto a statue of Christ in Jaen.
Daniel Serrano put his face – complete with a ring through the septum – onto that of Christ and posted it on his Instagram.
The Hermandad de La Amargura de Jaén filed a criminal complaint after he refused to remove it.
A court in Jaen found Serrano guilt of an ‘offence against religious sentiment’ and ordered him to pay a fine of €480 – he agreed to pay in daily instalments of €2 a day over nine months.
- Doctor called in to help podgy population lose weight in a Spanish town - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 12:30
- Flu pandemic in Spain leads to rising death toll - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 10:30
- Spanish hospitals charging tourists double for care in Barcelona - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 13:37
- Spain gets its first beer spa in Andalucia - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 12:06
- Spain vows to send more police officers to combat ‘narcos state’ in Cadiz - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 10:50
- Spanish singer Marta Sanchez causes controversy with rendition of national anthem - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 15:06
- Spain’s SpaceX satellite launch in California delayed by four days - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 13:43
- Spain’s finance minister fails to impress MEPs for European Central Bank role - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 12:47
- UN set to inspect migrant situation in Spain - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 11:07
- Chasing corruption: Tracking Spain’s nine biggest corruption cases in 2018 - 17 Feb, 2018 @ 11:11