TOURISM haters in Spain have promised to continue their ‘war’ against holidaymakers this summer.
Anti-tourism group Arran Paisos vowed to continue ‘fighting’ the affects of tourism on Mallorca in a message posted on social media.
It comes as 12 members of the group face prosecution after letting off flames near luxury yachts at Palma port last summer.
Their promise reads: “The tourism model of Mallorca and the whole of the Catalan countries is one of the main problems we suffer as a society.
“Evidence of its destructive logic and fighting to endanger its effects is not a crime.
“We are still at war to build a free society in which it is worth living.”
The 12 people alleged to have been involved in last July’s demos, which caused panic and fears of a terrorist attack, have been blamed for alleged crimes of public disorders, damages and threats.
It says Mallorca and other holiday destinations become overwhelmed in the summer, causing packed beaches, traffic jams, anti-social behaviour, dirt and noise.
The 12 Arran members face court in March and could be fined €1,200 each.
Arran claims that no-one was hurt and no damage was caused, arguing that they simply threw confetti at diners.
A spokesperson said: “Our intention was to get media coverage of our demands – we threw confetti in the restaurant, we picked it up and went.”
- Brazilian soldier from convoy of President Bolsonaro arrested for smuggling cocaine into Spain’s Sevilla after controversial leader vowed to crack down on drugs - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 12:41
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27