FOUR unnamed West Brom players have been quizzed by cops after allegedly stealing a taxi on a night out in Barcelona.
The players, who were on a mid-winter training trip to Spain, were said to have stolen a cab from a McDonald’s drive-through and abandoned it outside their luxury five-star hotel.
West Brom has confirmed the ‘incident’ and say they are conducting an internal investigation.
“The club can confirm that four senior players were involved in an incident during this week’s mid-winter training trip to Spain,” read a statement.
“The club has instigated its own investigation into the incident and the players will be subject to the full rigours of our internal disciplinary procedures.
After being dragged out of bed at The One Barcelona hotel the players were hauled off to the police station, which was confirmed by regional Mossos d’Esquadra police.
The alleged incident comes as the team is preparing for tomorrow’s FA Cup fifth-round tie at home to Southampton.
- Doctor called in to help podgy population lose weight in a Spanish town - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 12:30
- Flu pandemic in Spain leads to rising death toll - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 10:30
- Spanish hospitals charging tourists double for care in Barcelona - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 13:37
- Spain gets its first beer spa in Andalucia - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 12:06
- Spain vows to send more police officers to combat ‘narcos state’ in Cadiz - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 10:50
- Spanish singer Marta Sanchez causes controversy with rendition of national anthem - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 15:06
- Spain’s SpaceX satellite launch in California delayed by four days - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 13:43
- Spain’s finance minister fails to impress MEPs for European Central Bank role - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 12:47
- UN set to inspect migrant situation in Spain - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 11:07
- Chasing corruption: Tracking Spain’s nine biggest corruption cases in 2018 - 17 Feb, 2018 @ 11:11