ALLEGED Russian crime boss Arnold Spivakovsky has been released on bail.
The reported mafia boss, who goes by the name Tamm, posted a €750,000 bail after he was arrested in Marbella alongside another 11 alleged mafia members in September last year.
Tamm, who Interpol has identified as one of the leaders of the Solntsevskaya mafia, is accused of money laundering funds from illegal dealings into businesses on the Costa del Sol.
Marbella football club owner Alexander Grinberg and Aguas Sierra de Mijas drinking water bosses Oleg Kuznetsov and Sergey Dozhde were also arrested.
Spivakovsky, who is a permanent resident of Russia, was holidaying in Spain when he was picked up.
His lawyer Carlos Dominguez appealed the court ruling, labelling the accusations as groundless and describing his client as ‘a highly respected top manager repeatedly awarded by the Russian government.’
Marbella FC owner Grinberg was also released on €750,000 bail this month, and has since protested his innocence.
“I have never broken the law in my life, neither in Spain or Russia,” he said.
- Expats rally around British pensioner made homeless on Spain’s Costa del Sol as alleged ‘squatter tenants’ speak out - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 20:32
- British expats and locals FUMING as celebrity chef Dani Garcia’s chiringuito gets go ahead on protected land in southern Spain - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:16
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09