ALLEGED Russian crime boss Arnold Spivakovsky has been released on bail.
The reported mafia boss, who goes by the name Tamm, posted a €750,000 bail after he was arrested in Marbella alongside another 11 alleged mafia members in September last year.
Tamm, who Interpol has identified as one of the leaders of the Solntsevskaya mafia, is accused of money laundering funds from illegal dealings into businesses on the Costa del Sol.
Marbella football club owner Alexander Grinberg and Aguas Sierra de Mijas drinking water bosses Oleg Kuznetsov and Sergey Dozhde were also arrested.
Spivakovsky, who is a permanent resident of Russia, was holidaying in Spain when he was picked up.
His lawyer Carlos Dominguez appealed the court ruling, labelling the accusations as groundless and describing his client as ‘a highly respected top manager repeatedly awarded by the Russian government.’
Marbella FC owner Grinberg was also released on €750,000 bail this month, and has since protested his innocence.
“I have never broken the law in my life, neither in Spain or Russia,” he said.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29