ALLEGED Russian crime boss Arnold Spivakovsky has been released on bail.
The reported mafia boss, who goes by the name Tamm, posted a €750,000 bail after he was arrested in Marbella alongside another 11 alleged mafia members in September last year.
Tamm, who Interpol has identified as one of the leaders of the Solntsevskaya mafia, is accused of money laundering funds from illegal dealings into businesses on the Costa del Sol.
Marbella football club owner Alexander Grinberg and Aguas Sierra de Mijas drinking water bosses Oleg Kuznetsov and Sergey Dozhde were also arrested.
Spivakovsky, who is a permanent resident of Russia, was holidaying in Spain when he was picked up.
His lawyer Carlos Dominguez appealed the court ruling, labelling the accusations as groundless and describing his client as ‘a highly respected top manager repeatedly awarded by the Russian government.’
Marbella FC owner Grinberg was also released on €750,000 bail this month, and has since protested his innocence.
“I have never broken the law in my life, neither in Spain or Russia,” he said.
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20