The rain will start from noon today (Monday 26) and last until Saturday March 3.
The maximum temperature in Malaga city will be 18C with lows of 10C.
Vélez Málaga will reach 20C maximum with a minimum of 10, while in Ronda and Antequera the highest temperatures will be 17C and the minimum, four and five, respectively.
The rains will increase in intensity as the week progresses and will affect the whole province.
In Marbella, the rains will start on Monday from six in the afternoon with a 95% chance, on Tuesday it will rain only until noon and Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, March 3, the rainfall will be stronger and for most of the day.
In Antequera it may or may not rain on Monday from six in the afternoon, but it most certainly will do from Tuesday to Saturday, also with increasing force.
The rains will be welcome in the areas of the province most affected by the drought such as Vélez Málaga and Axarquía, which will have rain until Saturday.
The Junta has already prepared the decree of drought, although it will not take effect until March.
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20