The huge win was won by a consortium of 80 people in San Luis de Sabinillas and Manilva, meaning almost dozens of millionaires were made overnight.
The Spanish ticket was bought in the Loterías administration nº 6 of La Línea de la Concepción, located in the Carrefour Gran Sur-Torres Shopping Center, which is owned by the Luque de Manilva family.
Manilva town hall said the winning ticket belongs to a club with 80 members that in turn includes other micro-clubs, so the prize has been widely distributed.
The €88 million was actually just half of the draw which stood at a staggering €174 million and was shared with another winning ticket in the UK.
Municipal sources have reported the win in Manilva has granted around 140 residents €750,000 euros each.
The winning combination of Friday’s draw was 18, 17, 28, 47 and 10 and the stars were 3 and 7. The total collection of this draw was €122,984,111.80.
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27