FOUR young women from Mallorca have died in a car crash that left more wounded while on holiday in the Florida Keys.
The women were from Inca, Palma, and Lloseta, and were 30 to 32-years-old when they decided to travel to the sunny southern state in the US.
While driving from Miami to the Florida Keys, a semi-truck crashed into the girls in their sedan from behind, causing them to cross into the lane of oncoming traffic. The car then hit a large RV motor-home, and then spun out into a tree.
The Mallorca Government expressed their condolences, and offered aid to the families of the tragic accident.
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42
- Mallorca has a historic number of employees working on the island - 11 Jul, 2018 @ 12:15