A WOMAN who left her car parked for nine years is €28,000 in debt.
Inmaculada M, parked her blue Volvo in the underground carpark of Bisbe Berenguer Palou square, Palma on March 24, 2009.
Following a lengthy judicial process, which lasted six years, the car was awarded to the parking company.
Instead of being sold, the vehicle has been taken to a scrap yard, as its value did not match monies owed.
This is not the first time such an incident has occurred at this car park. In a previous case, a man died after parking to attend a nearby hospital.
- LOCA FOR LOCAL: Fantastic wines can be found in Malaga and Andalucia - 27 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- King of Reggaeton J Balvin coming to Spain’s Costa del Sol - 19 May, 2018 @ 09:39
- More than 7.5 TONNES of hashish seized after Manilva-Estepona smuggling operation busted - 18 May, 2018 @ 15:40
- Spanish student auctioning her virginity has already been offered €250k - 18 May, 2018 @ 14:42
- COMPETITION ALERT: Win return flights to UK with Jet2 - 17 May, 2018 @ 16:18
- Come fly with me – new routes launched from UK to Spain - 16 May, 2018 @ 16:10
- Six towns on the Costa del Sol set to get a boost from European grants - 16 May, 2018 @ 15:35
- Spanish museum set to show controversial exhibition that was cancelled in New York following protests - 13 May, 2018 @ 15:00
- WINE TIME: Cocktails to enjoy in the sunshine (finally!) - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:14
- New TV series based on Spanish Civil War whips up Twitter storm - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:00