EXPATS and locals have pleaded with drivers to slow down on a notorious road on the Costa del Sol.
It comes after a photo of an overturned car went viral among expat groups on social media this week.
The image shows a white Jeep on its back on the A7 by Bahia de Las Rocas, in Manilva.
“Many accidents on both sides of this stretch of road,” wrote one expat, “Lived near here over two years and lost count! Moral of the story is please, just slow down!”
One said the wet roads are to blame, making the sharp turn more lethal.
“Its because people drive too fast, the water lies on both sides of the road especially when its stopped raining,” they explained.
“As soon as they brake they have no chance as they aquaplane and lose all control of the vehicle, usually resulting in hitting the concrete bollard in the central reservation and coming back across to hit the metal bollards.
..another car ended up upside down on the A7 by the bottom of Bahia de Las Rocas. It keeps happening at the same place ????
“Slow down, use your gears and try not to take out anybody else with your foolishness.
“Always break before a bend, never on it. We have seen so many accidents on these bends over the years but people never learn. Its the old adage, it wont happen to me.”
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31