SOULFULLY soft singer Damien Rice will be coming to Mallorca to perform for the first time this August, it has been announced.
The Irish songwriter is fulfilling his dreams on the Wood Water Wind tour, and sailing from concert venue to concert venue across Spain and Italy in an old wooden sailboat.
“This tour traveling from concert to concert on an old wooden sailboat is a dream that has been percolating under a dusty lid for over 10 years,” Rice explained.
“All that mesmerizing movement of sails and ropes and waves gives me the feeling of being carried into the elements on the back of a giant, mythical sea creature.
“It’s a place I feel deeply vulnerable, and immensely free.”
The Irish romantic’s most famous songs from his debut album O, The Blower’s Daughter and Cold Water, were both featured in the film Closer, becoming massive hits in the US.
After a successful second album, Damien took eight years to perfect his most recent album, My Favourite Faded Fantasy.
Dublin-born Damien will set sail after his August 7 concert at the Palma Auditorium to Menorca for another show before cruising east to Italy.
- Sexy gingers who want a trip to Ibiza CLICK HERE - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 16:35
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42