SPANISH police have warned of an increase in jewellery thefts using an age old hugging trick.
Guardia Civil in Torrevieja posted a warning on Facebook of criminals who approach you on the street saying how you look identical to one of their relatives.
#Alerta ¿Vas por la calle paseando y de repente un/a desconocido/a se muestra supercariñoso contigo y te da un #Abrazo…
They will then give you a hug while removing your jewellery without you noticing.
“You are walking down the street and suddenly a stranger is super friendly with you and gives you a#hug,” reads the warning.
“Either because they ask you to help them find somewhere, or because they say that you look just like someone they know!
“Mistrust and Don’t Fall For It!
“They are delinquents who intend to steal your jewellery by means of the well-known hug method.
“If it happens to you, do not hesitate to get in contact with the Guardia Civil.”
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19