SPANISH police have warned of an increase in jewellery thefts using an age old hugging trick.
Guardia Civil in Torrevieja posted a warning on Facebook of criminals who approach you on the street saying how you look identical to one of their relatives.
#Alerta ¿Vas por la calle paseando y de repente un/a desconocido/a se muestra supercariñoso contigo y te da un #Abrazo…
They will then give you a hug while removing your jewellery without you noticing.
“You are walking down the street and suddenly a stranger is super friendly with you and gives you a#hug,” reads the warning.
“Either because they ask you to help them find somewhere, or because they say that you look just like someone they know!
“Mistrust and Don’t Fall For It!
“They are delinquents who intend to steal your jewellery by means of the well-known hug method.
“If it happens to you, do not hesitate to get in contact with the Guardia Civil.”
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52