A DRUNK driver who killed a British cyclist in Spain has avoided jail.
Tourist Bryan Leeds, 25, from the US, was arrested after hitting father-of-three Philip Rasmussen, 47, from behind in Menorca.
The American tested positive for alcohol and drugs at the roadside.
He later produced a prescription for amphetamine tablets being used to treat an unidentified health condition.
Leeds was released on a €10,000 bail and the ban on him leaving the island has now been lifted following his court appearance.
He can leave the Balaeric on a one-year suspended jail sentence.
Briton Rasmussen, from Wales, died at the scene.
He was the CFO at a manufacturer which makes parts for Apple’s iPhones.
- British boy, 5, who drowned near Spain’s Costa del Sol was visiting expat granddad - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 13:48
- REVEALED: Spain to have ‘warmer than average’ summer with Costa del Sol among hottest areas - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 13:26
- ‘WE’RE BEING POISONED’: Video of ship billowing black fumes ‘onto people’s homes’ outrages Gibraltar residents - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 11:43
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38