RICHARD Gere, 68, has married his Spanish girlfriend Alejandra Silva, 35 – and they’re planning on starting a family.
The Pretty Woman star, who has been dating Silva for three years, decided to tie the knot at a low key ceremony in Spain earlier this month.
Gere told Spanish press: “I have found the quiet and happy life that I have always sought.”
Silva, from A Coruña, near Madrid, confirmed that the pair would be trying for children in the near future.
Rumors of an engagement were first sparked in December when Silva, a publicist and businesswoman, was seen with a large diamond ring.
The couple first met when Alejandra was a ‘little girl’ and the actor borrowed a boat from her businessman father, Ignacio Silva, former Vice President of Real Madrid Football Club.
They reconnected in 2014 in Positano, Italy, where she was running a luxury hotel.
She said: “Richard has known my family for 15 years. When I saw him again in Positano, I reminded him of the story.
“Our karma brought us together as soon as we saw each other because we’ve known each other over the course of many lives – that’s how we both feel anyway.”
They now live together in New York, where they will host a party to celebrate their nuptials on May 6.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29