A HUGE drug raid has seen 400 police storm a shanty town in Spain this morning.
Hundreds of officers stormed the streets of Son Gotleu and La Soledad in Son Banya, Mallorca, at 6.00am.
The area has been taken over by drug trafficking gang in recent months, with locals being forced out or too scared to fight back.
“I’m Pablo Escobar, I’m a narco!” screamed one suspect as they were taken away, “I do not have anything, you have not found anything on me!”
More than 30 house have been searched and more than 20 people have been arrested.
Those arrested have been placed on a bus and sent straight to cells before being questioned.
Specially trained sniffer dogs were used to search for cash and drugs, while some of the homes were destroyed by police.
The raid is the second under Operation Ludar, which in mid-March dismantled some thirty drug sales points in Palma and Part Forana.
Some sixty homes will be searched, half of them in Son Banya and the rest in different streets in the neighborhoods of Son Gotleu and La Soledad.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22