A HUGE drug raid has seen 400 police storm a shanty town in Spain this morning.
Hundreds of officers stormed the streets of Son Gotleu and La Soledad in Son Banya, Mallorca, at 6.00am.
The area has been taken over by drug trafficking gang in recent months, with locals being forced out or too scared to fight back.
“I’m Pablo Escobar, I’m a narco!” screamed one suspect as they were taken away, “I do not have anything, you have not found anything on me!”
More than 30 house have been searched and more than 20 people have been arrested.
Those arrested have been placed on a bus and sent straight to cells before being questioned.
Specially trained sniffer dogs were used to search for cash and drugs, while some of the homes were destroyed by police.
The raid is the second under Operation Ludar, which in mid-March dismantled some thirty drug sales points in Palma and Part Forana.
Some sixty homes will be searched, half of them in Son Banya and the rest in different streets in the neighborhoods of Son Gotleu and La Soledad.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29