THIS is the moment embattled Madrid leader Cristina Cifuentes was caught stealing from a supermarket in Spain.
Obtained by OkDiario, the clip shows Cifuentes being held by two security guards after swiping two tubs of Olay anti-ageing cream.
The PP politician was rumbled by a perfume saleswoman, who alerted nearby guards at the Eroski in Puente de Vallecas.
Cifuentes, who is now facing calls to resign after it was revealed she lied about having a university degree, was the vice president of the PP in Madrid at the time.
She was held for 45 minutes before two Policia Nacional agents arrived, who did not take it further after recognising who she was.
Despite her superiors knowing about her theft, she was allowed to climb the ranks of the conservative PP to eventually become President of the Madrid community.
The guards were said to be surprised that a customer so well dressed and groomed, ‘with designer clothes and Prada shoes’, would risk taking two products valued at just over €40.
Cifuentes paid for the creams after admitting her guilt.
At first she denied the theft then insisted that the loot was her property: “I carried them in my bag when I entered the supermarket”, she snapped.
When the police officers on the scene called headquarters they were told to ‘release her immediately’.
She was taken out the back door.
Cifuentes presents herself on her personal blog as ‘a person committed to society, who believes in Justice as a tool to solve personal conflicts’.
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52