THIS is the moment embattled Madrid leader Cristina Cifuentes was caught stealing from a supermarket in Spain.
Obtained by OkDiario, the clip shows Cifuentes being held by two security guards after swiping two tubs of Olay anti-ageing cream.
The PP politician was rumbled by a perfume saleswoman, who alerted nearby guards at the Eroski in Puente de Vallecas.
Cifuentes, who is now facing calls to resign after it was revealed she lied about having a university degree, was the vice president of the PP in Madrid at the time.
She was held for 45 minutes before two Policia Nacional agents arrived, who did not take it further after recognising who she was.
Despite her superiors knowing about her theft, she was allowed to climb the ranks of the conservative PP to eventually become President of the Madrid community.
The guards were said to be surprised that a customer so well dressed and groomed, ‘with designer clothes and Prada shoes’, would risk taking two products valued at just over €40.
Cifuentes paid for the creams after admitting her guilt.
At first she denied the theft then insisted that the loot was her property: “I carried them in my bag when I entered the supermarket”, she snapped.
When the police officers on the scene called headquarters they were told to ‘release her immediately’.
She was taken out the back door.
Cifuentes presents herself on her personal blog as ‘a person committed to society, who believes in Justice as a tool to solve personal conflicts’.
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20