DISGRACED former nightlife magnate Tolo Cursach has been released on bail for a whopping €1 million.
The shock ruling comes after three previous attempts for bail were refused.
The ‘King of the Night’s’ lawyer successfully convinced three judges he was no longer a flight risk, despite facing 80 years in prison.
He was able to raise the money in just five hours, despite having his accounts frozen as part of the investigation.
Cursach, who has been inside for 14 months, has been charged with homicide, drug trafficking, bribery and corruption.
In total, he faces 16 separate charges also including extortion, coercion, crimes against public finances, money laundering and the illegal possession of weapons.
The Mallorca-born nightclub magnate was allowed to leave Palma jail via a side door to avoid having to face the media.
His release comes despite former Judge Penalva expressing concerns that once out of prison, he could intimidate key witnesses in the on-going case.
However, the new judge ruled that he is not a flight risk given his ‘solid’ family and business links on the island, his old age and willingness to list his property as collateral.
The judge also insisted there had been no reports of a witness being intimidated in connection to the investigation for over six months.
He must appear at court on the first Monday of every month.
- Activists propose daily tax for Balearic cruise ship passengers - 26 May, 2018 @ 21:02
- Branson embraces Balearic life while Necker Island is rebuilt - 26 May, 2018 @ 18:44
- Chinese film industry eyes up purchase of Spanish locations - 26 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- Podemos leader faces confidence vote after ‘luxury’ home purchase - 26 May, 2018 @ 12:13
- Stunning Kensington pine walk property goes on the market in Pollensa - 25 May, 2018 @ 17:13
- Magaluf hit-and-run Brit is younger sister of expat drug lord - 25 May, 2018 @ 13:13
- Balearic president to meet with airlines to safeguard resident discounts - 25 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- Airport group goes public with concerns over transporting drunk passengers - 24 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- British tourists warned over balcony antics in new safety video - 24 May, 2018 @ 14:37
- British bar managed arrested over the death of Northern Irish tourist in Magaluf - 24 May, 2018 @ 12:33